Osseo -MG v. Anoka
hockey121330

Re: 14UA State Predictions

Post by hockey121330 »

Ritz727272 wrote:Edina v. Roseau
Blaine v. Lakeville

Brainerd v. Eagan
Osseo -MG v. Anoka
Let's be honest and everyone knows it. It's Edina and everyone else but....

Edina over Roseau 5-1
Blaine over Lakeville 3-1 EN at the end

Eagan 3-2 over Brainerd in OT ( could actually go either way)
OMG Gold 5-1 over Anoka

Edina 4-2 over Blaine
OMG Gold 4-3 over Eagan

Edina 4-2 over OMG Gold for the championship.
skateittillyouloseit

Post by skateittillyouloseit »

Don't sleep on Anoka...they beat both the NE Stars and Chaska/Chan in Regions. They have shortened the bench and their top 9 can skate with anyone (well maybe not Edina :) )
renegade 68

Post by renegade 68 »

skateittillyouloseit wrote:Don't sleep on Anoka...they beat both the NE Stars and Chaska/Chan in Regions. They have shortened the bench and their top 9 can skate with anyone (well maybe not Edina :) )
I was rooting for Anoka to do well as I know a couple of their players. With that said, they play a very defensive style clogging things up in their own end and hoping to keep it close and see if they can get a bounce to go their way at the end. Even playing only 9 skaters, they are way behind the curve skill wise compared to other teams in the top 15-20. I don't say this to be mean or degrade them, just what I saw from them this year.
hockey121330

Post by hockey121330 »

Pretty much going as planned at 14UA. Should be a decent game for 14UA Championship. Have to think Edina 4-0 over OMG Gold. The two top teams at 14UA playing for the Championship. Too bad can't say that for other levels (i.e. 12UA).
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

hockey121330 wrote:Too bad can't say that for other levels (i.e. 12UA).
Why is it "too bad?" Upsets are what make the tourneys great. Or maybe some of the elite teams weren't as good as advertised.
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

The best 2 teams in the state for 14U A played on Friday. As for the 12U A, you need to show up for every game. Sick and tired of hearing how the only good teams in the state are from the city area. Enough said.
hockey121330

Post by hockey121330 »

lrugland wrote: Sick and tired of hearing how the only good teams in the state are from the city area. Enough said.
Good point and I stand corrected. I will say that Roseau at 12UA came to play this weekend. Small bench and gutsy performance vs. Edina yesterday coming out with the win in 2OT. Roseau is a class Association and have heard nothing but great things about them so I am glad to see them come down to city area with the opportunity to win a championship. They move the puck and play as a team, which at this time of the year can and does make the difference between winning and losing these closely contested games. Sorry if I offended you, didn't mean to.
Ritz727272

Post by Ritz727272 »

lrugland wrote:The best 2 teams in the state for 14U A played on Friday. As for the 12U A, you need to show up for every game. Sick and tired of hearing how the only good teams in the state are from the city area. Enough said.
Yes, the Brainerd/Eagan game was a great one! :)

All in all, good games with decent puck movement, not a lot of space and good pace. It was a great capstone weekend for our girls as many of them move onto Varsity next year.

Would have been nice to better Roseau one more time this year, but wasn't want to be this morning.

Hope all had safe travels home.
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

hockey121330 wrote: Good point and I stand corrected. I will say that Roseau at 12UA came to play this weekend. Small bench and gutsy performance vs. Edina yesterday coming out with the win in 2OT. Roseau is a class Association and have heard nothing but great things about them so I am glad to see them come down to city area with the opportunity to win a championship. They move the puck and play as a team, which at this time of the year can and does make the difference between winning and losing these closely contested games. Sorry if I offended you, didn't mean to.
No offense taken. Just nice to see the Northern teams in the final game. And to think that the north never gets the chance to send 3 teams to the State and this year you would have seen another team get up in the top from the north. The Roseau 12U A team only had 1 girl from their A team return from last year, so that was an entire new team. Unheard of in the city area to have that much turnover on a team from year to year.

As for the 14U A teams, it was a fun tourney. The teams all played well and the games were good. Next year we can hope for more of the same.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Can someone post the results for both levels? Thanks.
U14ABystander

Post by U14ABystander »

[quote="lrugland"]The best 2 teams in the state for 14U A played on Friday. [/quote]

I'm thinking Osseo Maple Grove might have something to say about that as they find a place in their trophy case for the championship hardware. :D

They are the only team to have beaten Edina this year, and they did it twice - when it counted.
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

U14ABystander wrote:
I'm thinking Osseo Maple Grove might have something to say about that as they find a place in their trophy case for the championship hardware. :D

They are the only team to have beaten Edina this year, and they did it twice - when it counted.
Yep you are right, OMG played well. But they never beat Roseau this year. The Roseau girls were looking forward to playing them again, this time with more then 8 skaters. Like I said, good games all the way thru.

Now time for spring sports.
Ritz727272

Post by Ritz727272 »

lrugland wrote:
U14ABystander wrote:

Yep you are right, OMG played well. But they never beat Roseau this year. The Roseau girls were looking forward to playing them again, this time with more then 8 skaters. Like I said, good games all the way thru.

Now time for spring sports.
Right on!! Bought spikes and glove on the way home from GR! Balance is good!
legalbeagle05

Post by legalbeagle05 »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Can someone post the results for both levels? Thanks.
14u A Final:

OMG 3
Edina 2
(bracket here: http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... 2013-2014-)

14u B Final:

Edina 4
Centennial 1
(bracket here: http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... 2013-2014-)