Transfer disputes

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

new D from omaha u16 is now in edina looked very good should fill in the gap
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

As the World Turns...... Cakeville style..
green4

Post by green4 »

Whopper2 wrote:new D from omaha u16 is now in edina looked very good should fill in the gap
It must be true what they say... Edina does not rebuild, just reload :twisted:
BP

Post by BP »

Whopper2 wrote:new D from omaha u16 is now in edina looked very good should fill in the gap

Yes dad, we know Jared came back to MN HS Hockey. He's a very solid player and will do well.
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Jared M. ??
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Bluelightspecial wrote:Jared M. ??
Asking a lot of the kid to fill Zuhsdorf's shoes. They've got other options as well.
observer

Post by observer »

They're not big transfer fans at Edina. They don't like displacing life long residents for spots on the team. Historically, never entirely comfortable for the player or family.
Last edited by observer on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tenoverpar

Edina

Post by Tenoverpar »

Edina's JV could be a top 20 Varsity team all by itself..not sure why anyone at Edina would be the least bit worried about losing any amount of players. They're still going to score a bunch of goals, they're still going to compete for every puck, they're still going to play solid x's and o's hockey..

1. Edina 1a. Lakeville North

2-100 The rest of the state
buttend

Post by buttend »

observer wrote:They' not big transfer fans at Edina. They don't like displacing life long residents for spots on the team. Historically, never entirely comfortable for the player or family.
Dad moved there to get his boy on a State tournament team. Lakeville North was also on his short list. If it does not work out he will go back to Omaha to play U18. He will not stick around to play JV.

I can't see Giles taking a nomad over home grown talent. I would love to see Giles call the dads bluff!
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

Dad, how many teams, schools has your son played for so far? :D
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Is he the new Connor Hurley? New team almost every year
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

buttend wrote:I would love to see Giles call the dads bluff!
Me too but I think it depends...
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

OTB Uncommitteds: writeup on Jared Michelson from last May

45. 97 D Jared Mickelson – Omaha U16 – 5’10 – 170 We liked Mickelson at forward for St. Paul Academy in 12-13, but he moved back to defense with Omaha this season and by the end of the year we felt like he emerged as one of the most effective skaters on a very good team. Great wheels that allow him to streak up ice with the puck – acceleration is a forté, with an above-average top speed, giving Mickelson that escapability and quick steps to elude capture. Smart on the puck and forces players to make decisions when containing the rush. Posted 41 points (9 goals, 32 assists) in 81 games, with just 22 PIMs and +57 on the season. - See more at: http://overtheboards.net/may-select-70- ... i1d82.dpuf
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
He's in. All but a couple cuts were made yesterday. Got rid of most of the seniors from JV like he usually does.
BP

Post by BP »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
He's in. All but a couple cuts were made yesterday. Got rid of most of the seniors from JV like he usually does.
That's too bad......so many good players on their JV that could've played elsewhere.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

BP wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: He's in. All but a couple cuts were made yesterday. Got rid of most of the seniors from JV like he usually does.
That's too bad......so many good players on their JV that could've played elsewhere.
It really is. I know one kid in particular who played soccer with my kid years ago, I hope he hung on. I watched him last season and he was dominant in the JV games that I saw.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

BP wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote: Me too but I think it depends...
If you believe minnesotahockey, there's an extremely underrated alternative for these kids:

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/news_art ... r_id=80470
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
green4

Post by green4 »

almostashappy wrote:
BP wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: He's in. All but a couple cuts were made yesterday. Got rid of most of the seniors from JV like he usually does.
If you believe minnesotahockey, there's an extremely underrated alternative for these kids:

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/news_art ... r_id=80470
This is very true, Junior Gold is an awesome option. They have done a nice job of cleaning up the image from the past that it was a goon league. They have some quality players in this league.
Survey

Post by Survey »

Don't see him on team:

Number Player Name Position Height (x' y") Grade
1 Kobi Boe G ' 12
2 Paul Meyer D ' 12
3 Ben Foley D ' 12
5 Jack Foley D ' 11
6 Luke Perunovich D ' 12
7 Casey Dornbach F ' 11
9 Ryan Moon F ' 10
10 Sam Walker F ' 9
11 Patrick Haug F ' 12
12 Ben Copeland F ' 10
15 Ben Monchamp F ' 12
16 Parker Mismash F ' 12
17 Garrett Wait F ' 11
18 Clayton Phillips D ' 9
19 Matt Masterman F ' 12
20 Dylan Malmquist F ' 12
21 Henry Bowlby F ' 12
22 Sam Fuss D ' 12
23 Bram Scheerer F ' 10
30 Andrew Enriquez G
bleedblue

Who's Not Returning?

Post by bleedblue »

Where is Waldo, I mean JM?? Earlier reply indicated he was "in" on Edina Varsity. Yet, when you look at the Varsity and JV rosters posted for the 2014/2015 Hornets, JM's name is nowhere to be found on either Varsity or JV. Hmmm. What's up with that?
WarmUpTheBus

Re: Who's Not Returning?

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

bleedblue wrote:Where is Waldo, I mean JM?? Earlier reply indicated he was "in" on Edina Varsity. Yet, when you look at the Varsity and JV rosters posted for the 2014/2015 Hornets, JM's name is nowhere to be found on either Varsity or JV. Hmmm. What's up with that?
It was there yesterday #4. No #4 today.
http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/schoolactpag ... actnum=410
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Hope he bought the house right. Likely to be for sale. Lol
puckfan

Post by puckfan »

Look at the JV roster
bleedblue

Who's Not ...

Post by bleedblue »

A second #5 was added to the JV squad within the last hour.
Rich Clarke

Jared Mickelson

Post by Rich Clarke »

Mickelson is now no. 12 on the JV while Jack Foley has moved up to varsity. Is this about eliminating any eligibility concerns before he plays a varsity game, or is he only the 6th or 7th best defenseman available to Edina this year?