Cloquet Hockey

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lumberjack

Cloquet Hockey

Post by Lumberjack »

Interesting article from the Cloquet Paper regarding the possibility of the Lumberjack program opting down to Class A. Having grown up there (have since moved away) I would hate to see this occur, but can see both sides of the argument.

http://www.pinejournal.com/sports/lumbe ... ckey-class
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Article will not come up.

:(

got it
Last edited by elliott70 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kniven

Re: Cloquet Hockey

Post by kniven »

Lumberjack wrote:Interesting article from the Cloquet Paper regarding the possibility of the Lumberjack program opting down to Class A. Having grown up there (have since moved away) I would hate to see this occur, but can see both sides of the argument.

http://www.pinejournal.com/sports/lumbe ... ckey-class
I'll support my CEC hockey teams no matter.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Cloquet's future is very bright. Bantam and Pee Wee AA teams both in Region tournaments this weekend, having qualified as #1 seeds. Each are, or have been, ranked in the top 10 all year. Watching them drop to Class A - if true - would suck.
minus3db

Post by minus3db »

I've heard from someone more closely connected to the Lumberjacks, but haven't verified. Have some of the players opted for Juniors? If so, is this a trend and something that might be affecting the potential transition?
SimplyPut

Post by SimplyPut »

We see this more and more, especially since the number of Junior teams have multiplied considerably. More and more kids are able to experience the junior seen without leaving home. I am not stating its right or wrong to jump to juniors but its an option now. I would guess the top players on just about every team is getting approached by one of the many junior hockey leagues.
rainier

Post by rainier »

mnmouth wrote:Cloquet's future is very bright. Bantam and Pee Wee AA teams both in Region tournaments this weekend, having qualified as #1 seeds. Each are, or have been, ranked in the top 10 all year. Watching them drop to Class A - if true - would suck.
Because of this I have a hard time seeing Cloquet going to A, at least until after these groups come through.

Plus, Esse is against it and I have to imagine Langenbrunner would be against it. (Not that he runs the show, but one has to think he carries a ton of weight in that program.)
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

rainier wrote:
mnmouth wrote:Cloquet's future is very bright. Bantam and Pee Wee AA teams both in Region tournaments this weekend, having qualified as #1 seeds. Each are, or have been, ranked in the top 10 all year. Watching them drop to Class A - if true - would suck.
Because of this I have a hard time seeing Cloquet going to A, at least until after these groups come through.

Plus, Esse is against it and I have to imagine Langenbrunner would be against it. (Not that he runs the show, but one has to think he carries a ton of weight in that program.)
Langenbrunner coaches Pee Wee AA right now. In talking to folks in town, they say Esse may retire this year, and Langenbrunner is supposedly very interested in moving up to the big club. Stay tuned . . .
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

minus3db wrote:I've heard from someone more closely connected to the Lumberjacks, but haven't verified. Have some of the players opted for Juniors? If so, is this a trend and something that might be affecting the potential transition?
Heard what? That they are thinking about moving down? I'm pretty sure that's what the whole article was about. And how is your source more closely connected to the 'Jacks than the head coach and members of the school board?
kniven

Post by kniven »

mnmouth wrote:
rainier wrote:

Langenbrunner coaches Pee Wee AA right now. In talking to folks in town, they say Esse may retire this year, and Langenbrunner is supposedly very interested in moving up to the big club. Stay tuned . . .
I will be pretty miserable when the time comes Esse leaves CEC Hockey. Hopefully that day is later rather than sooner. Coach Esse has my respect 110%. I will kick, moan, and be a brat when that day comes. I will, however, not quit being what I am for the CEC Lumberjacks. I do what I do and am what I am for the kids.