Vadnias Arena

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

inthetwine

Vadnias Arena

Post by inthetwine »

Found out last night that Ramsey county has told White bear that they can no longer have their Locker room at Vadnias Arena after this season. That was the only reason for playing in that dump. Time to move back to Aldrich.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Heard that the association has been doing studies to look at the possibility of buying that strip mall next to the White Bear sports center for the purpose of putting a rink there
pioneers

Re: Vadnias Arena

Post by pioneers »

inthetwine wrote:Found out last night that Ramsey county has told White bear that they can no longer have their Locker room at Vadnias Arena after this season. That was the only reason for playing in that dump. Time to move back to Aldrich.
H-M has a 20 year agreement with Aldrich to get the prime practice times. So doubtful WB could go back there. I did hear that they are talking about doing something with the sports center.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
inthetwine

Re: Vadnias Arena

Post by inthetwine »

pioneers wrote:
inthetwine wrote:Found out last night that Ramsey county has told White bear that they can no longer have their Locker room at Vadnias Arena after this season. That was the only reason for playing in that dump. Time to move back to Aldrich.
H-M has a 20 year agreement with Aldrich to get the prime practice times. So doubtful WB could go back there. I did hear that they are talking about doing something with the sports center.
White Bear never used Aldrich for practice times, only games. Plenty of time for that. White 'Bear had an agreement with the county for a permanent locker room at Vadnias, but as we know, agreements can be broken. Hill may own the locker room at Aldrich, but the rink still belongs to the County.
1parent

Post by 1parent »

doesn't MV have a locker room at Vadnias, so are they getting the boot as well?
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

1parent wrote:doesn't MV have a locker room at Vadnias, so are they getting the boot as well?
Don't know if MV had a a locker room of their own, WB's was contracted before the county bought the arena, from the previous owner. MV moved to the arena after the county bought it.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

1parent wrote:doesn't MV have a locker room at Vadnias, so are they getting the boot as well?
Mounds View does have their own locker room there
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Interesting, I will find out tomorrow night if they are in the same boat a WB. My understanding is that the hockey high school that uses the arena threw a bunch of money at the county, needing more locker room space.
meridian90

Post by meridian90 »

inthetwine wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Interesting, I will find out tomorrow night if they are in the same boat a WB. My understanding is that the hockey high school that uses the arena threw a bunch of money at the county, needing more locker room space.
The white bear lake girls team also has a locker room. Wonder how that all works out. I think if the girls had their preference, they would move back to the sportscenter in a heart beat.
Coach2414

Post by Coach2414 »

Is only the city of White Bear handling and dealing with the potential of a new rink or remodeling of the WBSC? Or are surrounding towns helping out? Hugo, Gem lake, WBL township? All those neighboring towns are part of the white bear lake school district. You'd hope the cities council would support the cause. I would guess it would be tricky to ask Vadnais to help out after the previous rink had to be taken over by the County.