Gopher Hockey and NCAA Tournament

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

edinahornets9

Gopher Hockey and NCAA Tournament

Post by edinahornets9 »

Whats everyones thoughs about the Gopher this year? I think they will end up winning the WCHA again and getting a number 1 seed in there region. Although it wouldn't matter what there seed because they host the midwest regional and would have home ice advantage for the first two rounds. I doubt they would lose at home in those game. Unless somehow they get put in the West bracket. Does anyone know how they decide what teams play in which brackets? Because they need to balance out the east and the west teams. That would suck if we were placed in a different bracket without home ice. If we do get it though we will breeze through the regionals and probobly end up winning the national title again. I dont think the Gophers can win four straight road games to win the national title but I could be wrong. What are everyones thoughts? <p></p><i></i>
siouxhockey23

noo way!!!

Post by siouxhockey23 »

don't underestimate the North Dakota Fighting Sioux sure they might be struggling right now but there a huge sleeper team especially since they (North Dakota) played the USA Junior National Team in an exhibition game before the tourney began and only lost 3 - 0 <p></p><i></i>
scheids316

Re: noo way!!!

Post by scheids316 »

The Gophers will be put in the regional at Mariucci. There's no way they will be put in the West, or anywhere else. Its all about $$ in the NCAA, and if a team earns a #1 seed, they will play in their home arena, if they are a host that year.<br><br>As for UND, I guess you could call them a sleeper team, but I wouldn't count on them doing anything too special. I'm sorry, but coming on here and saying a 3-0 loss against the US junior team is a good thing??? Where's your logic in that? If you look at recent history, the US junior team scrimmages several college teams before the tournament, and if I remember correctly, the Juniors usually get handled pretty easily. Remember, UND and other college teams are made up of mostly 20-24 year olds, and a few 18-19 year olds. The junior teams are all kids under 20 years old. For them to SHUT OUT UND in Grand Forks is nothing for any Sue fan to brag about. <p>Scheids<br>(A legend in his girlfriend's mind.)</p><i></i>
siouxhockey23

keep in mind

Post by siouxhockey23 »

The gophers did split with UND this year... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ockey23</A> at: 12/31/04 3:42 am<br></i>