Tom Gilbert Traded

BigIac

Tom Gilbert Traded

Post by BigIac »

For those of you that can remember back to 2001 (which is hopefully most of you) then you'll remember Tom Gilbert of Jefferson. Well anyway, he's a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin and he had been drafted in 2002 by Colorado. Well today he was dealt to Edmonton for Tommi Salo. I thought it was pretty interesting because the Edmonton GM seems to have high hopes for Gilbert, saying in 3-4 years he should be in the NHL and he has great potential. I wanted to know what the rest of you guys think about Gilbert's ability and how he has been doing at Wisconsin. <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

Tom Gilbert

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Big kid, 4th or 5th in scoring for Wisconsin, and he is a defenseman... I see him in the NHL in a few years.<br><br>Never saw him play in HS but seeing what he has done for the badgers i'd say he must have been a great HS player at Jefferson.<br><br>Edmonton also had to give Colorodo a draft pick along with Tommy Salo so they must have high hopes for Tom Gilbert. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyboss

Jefferson

Post by hockeyboss »

I remember watching Jefferson a few years ago at state... maybe it was like 6-7 years ago, and I was very impressed with one of their forwards, #21 or something, maybe #19, not exactly sure, if anyone knows who I'm talking about, I'm just wondering if he went on to play hockey anywhere? <p></p><i></i>
puckiNnet19

jefferson

Post by puckiNnet19 »

was it toby petersen or mark parrish?<br> <p></p><i></i>
cyozzie36

Jags

Post by cyozzie36 »

6-7 years ago--It was probably either Lee Brooks or David Hergert both went on to the WCHA. Brooks was a small quick player while Hergert was the big strong one. Both great players thats for sure.<br> <p></p><i></i>
hockeyboss

Lee Brooks

Post by hockeyboss »

Lee Brooks sounds right. I can't remember for sure, but I think your right. Thanks<br> <p></p><i></i>
skipper

gilbert

Post by skipper »

toby and mark played high school like ten years ago. also tom's little brother cory gilbert was "traded" from gustavus to the U of M. that post has no significance at all. <p></p><i></i>
cyozzie36

Brooks

Post by cyozzie36 »

No problem on the lee Brooks. He went on to a decent career at SCSU right out of high school. Probably could have used a year or two of junior but you also have to commend a kid for sucking it up and going to college right out of high school even if it affects their ability to play or contribute right away. Also, means you don't end up being a 25 year old college player which is becoming more nad more commmon. Not necessarily a bad thing though either. Just a few comments. <p></p><i></i>