Announcer for "A" games

Rocketwrister

Announcer for "A" games

Post by Rocketwrister »

What does everyone think about the Dave Wright the announcer for the "A" section games?<br><br>Does ok, nothing outstanding but ok in my eyes. <p></p><i></i>
Oldtmr

Re: Announcer for "A" games

Post by Oldtmr »

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Dave loves the game, does his homework and I think he does a great job. He's been doing this for years. Has been the MIAC announcer for as long as I can remember. <p></p><i></i>
puckster10

Post by puckster10 »

I've never enjoyed hearing him at the Colliseum, and I really don't enjoy having him here at the State Tournament. In my humble(okay maybe not so humble) opinion, I think his voice is nasily, and kind of whiny. I have always enjoyed Hill hockey games, but I can never forget,"Hill Murray goal..." in that nasily voice. It haunts me. <br><br>He rushed so fast through the starting lineups tonight (I didn't notice as much during the day games since I was there). The one player had not even placed himself into position, and the announcer was 2 names down on the list. It was very fast, and the announcer should give all the kids a chance to be on television, and be recognized. <br><br>This is also a complaint against channel 9, KMSP, who for the first time I've seen, no longer puts the names up for each player as they come on camera. Come on, this is the big show, how cheap! They just have the team name, and the viewer is forced to discern the kids' names from what they can understand from the announcer. <p>Puckster<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.wildpuck.com" target="top">www.wildpuck.com</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>
kerryfraserguy

Post by kerryfraserguy »

dave is good...dick stanford will do AA..and the gophers guy is doing consolation <p></p><i></i>