Lake Conference might be the worst in state this year

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Is Lake Conference worst in state this year?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Yes, the record speaks.
50%
No, I play in that conference.
50%

Total votes: 38

flatontheice

Lake Conference might be the worst in state this year

Post by flatontheice »

Here are the facts:

The Lake conference is 12-32-1 (.375) against non-LAKE CONFERENCE opponents this year including a 3-9 record against a level teams. Or put another way, the Lake Conference is 9-23-1 against other AA Teams outside the conference. Wow...what a down year and a very dim future from what I can tell.

Eastview 0-3-1
Eagan 3-1-0
Rosemount 0-4-0
Eden Prairie 1-3-0
Chaska 2-2-0
Jefferson 0-4-0
Apple Valley 1-2-0
Burnsville 0-5-0
Lakeville South 2-2-0
Lakeville North 2-2-0
Kennedy 1-3-0
GoBears

Re: Lake Conference might be the worst in state this year

Post by GoBears »

ouch
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Tough luck there
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

You can't even compare the Lake Conference to some other horrible ones. Like the southwest conference, northwest conference, or the mississippi 8. Yes, the Lake is down, but the worst in the state? Not even close. Teams like Eden Prairie, Eagan, Eastview and even Chaska and Rosemount are all going to have at least a shot at making state. Although it may not be an good one.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 20:13 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't even compare the Lake Conference to some other horrible ones. Like the southwest conference, northwest conference, or the mississippi 8. Yes, the Lake is down, but the worst in the state? Not even close. Teams like Eden Prairie, Eagan, Eastview and even Chaska and Rosemount are all going to have at least a shot at making state. Although it may not be an good one.
I think he was only talking about AA conferences.
flatontheice

funny

Post by flatontheice »

You have got to be joking if you think any of those teams will make it to state in that section..especially Chaska and Rosemount...Come on that is my point. .you think they are good teams because they had a few "upsets" of other average teams. That section will go to Minnetonka, Edina, or Benilde. The only one out of the group you listed that has a small chance is Eden Prairie and even that I would call remote. The conference is down. There is no southwest or northwest conference what are you talking about?
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

There is no southwest or northwest conference what are you talking about?
Northwest conference is section 8a teams Southwest is Section 1A I believe.
gomnhky

Post by gomnhky »

He might be referring to the Northwest Suburban Conference, which is hardly a horrible conference or below the Lake Conference this year. Teams like Centennial, Blaine, Anoka and Elk River are all pretty decent and competitive teams.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

A section can have no teams go to State and still be the strongest. Look at Classic Suburban. Last year Hill and STA went, but everyone else is no good.

Also, the stats you give are very skewed. I wouldn't at all argue that the Lake isn't on a down year, but worst is far from what they are. Teams in Lake barely ever have good records just because they usually play so many good teams every year. And to give their record outside of the conference is misleading, because they mostly schedule top guns outside of the conference like Moorhead, Roseau and Edina. Losing to those teams are not bad at all.

Last year Lakeville North had a horrible record in the conference (7-11-3) and was exactly .500 going into sections. Nothing to brag about if you just look at their record, but they made it to state. It's because the big guns beat each other up.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

what a down year and a very dim future from what I can tell.
Dim future? are you kidding? ha! So what if these numbers arent the best, but a dim future? no. Most of these teams are young, and will improve in future years.

Down year? ya possibly, but look at what teams the lake is playing against in their non conference games.
EV- Warroad, Bemidji, Stillwater, Minnetonka, Edina.
Eagan-St louis park, Hastings,Hopkins, St Paul Johnson
Rosemount-Benilde, Edina, Roseville, Roseau, Century
Eden Praire-Elk River, Grand Rapids, Edina, Moorhead, Minnetonka
Chaska-Edina, Prior Lake, Minnetonka, Holy Angels, Duluth East
Jefferson-WBL, Moorhead, Duluth East, Grand Rapids, Moorhead(again)
Apple Valley-Duluth East, Greenway, Grand Rapids, Hibbing, St Louis Park
Burnsville-Edina, Wayzata, Benilde, St Thomas, Blaine
Lakeville South-Grand Rapids, Hibbing, Greenway, Mayo, Owatonna
Lake. North-Hibbing, Greenway, Grand Rapids, Mayo, Century
Kennedy-Robbins. Armstrong, So St Paul, St Paul Johnson, North St Paul, Richfield.

From what I can tell, they arent taking the easy way out, and playing easy teams. They are competing and playing good teams, and playing good games. very few are blowouts. So, flatontheice before you bash the lake conference, do a little thinking. Thats not very nice of you.
4hockey

Post by 4hockey »

flatontheice is Probably a guy who's kid was cut from the Lake and this is his way of lashing out.

I'm sure the kids who are playing their guts out 2-3 time a week in the Lake would disagree with your comments.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

flatontheice is Probably a guy who's kid was cut from the Lake and this is his way of lashing out.
:lol:

very true, or maybe he got cut! :shock:
MN Moose

Post by MN Moose »

Not the worst conference, but definitely a down year for the Lake. Burnsville 0-5, Jefferson 0-4, Rosemount 0-4 outside records. Eagan, arguably the top team in the lake has a 3-1 non-conference record but has not played strong teams. Here's who they beat:

St. Louis Park - 2-12
North St. Paul - 3-10
St. Paul Johnson - 5-9-1 (in overtime)

They lost to Hopkins in the other. However, they are a young team and should improve. The real drop-off is with Jefferson in my opinion. Once a dominant program - their glory days are over and their youth teams are getting beat regularly. This leaves EP and Eagan as the next dominant teams.
SotaH0ck14

Post by SotaH0ck14 »

i agree with mn moose
the eagan team is very young
alot of sophmores but no freshmen on the team but they do have very talented ones that are going to be soph. next year
in a few years eagan will be top 10 in state for sure
HShockeywatcher

Ummm, guys, right now Rosemount is leading the conference and will probably extend their lead in the Chaska game.

Eastview, Eagan and Eden Prairie all have great programs, not arguing anything there, just saying in conference standings Rosemount is up.
MN Moose

Post by MN Moose »

And Rosemount is 0-5 outside the conference so that's not saying much.

Actually I think EV might be the best team in the Lake. They're only a 1/2 game back but have played one less game.
flatontheice

Big Guns

Post by flatontheice »

That is my point exactly. The Lake Conference teams can't compete with the "big guns" this year but look at some of the "non-big guns" they have lost to. The conference is weak this year, across the board. In my opinion it will be even weaker next year. By the way, HShockeywatcher, a section has to have a team that goes to state. Another stat to chew on is that the Lake Conference has not had a state champion in 10 years since Apple Valley in 1996.
65one

Post by 65one »

Eagan and Rosemount are tied for the lead, both with 16 points. Also, Eagan has a victory over Rosemount already this season. These two teams will likely play for the lead in the conference when they play on Saturday night in Rosemount.
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

Eagan has one line doing 90% of their scoring, how does that equate to getting into the top 10? I think they are on the way out for a few years
HShockeywatcher

Oh, my bad, you are right, they are tied for the lead.

How do you have to have a State participant to be a dominant conference. By those standards Classic Suburban is one of the top conference with at least 2 (and maybe 4) competitors in State this year. But if you put them up against Lake opponents they'd most likely get owned. But I guess Lake is worse than them, right?
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

The Lake Conference teams can't compete with the "big guns
EV just played a great game against Edina last saturday, losing 3-1 to a empty net goal.

EP has played some good non-conference games as well, against "big Guns".
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

The post said "worst in the state". And, there is NO way the Lake is worst. I wasnt talking about the northwest suburban, im talking about the northwest...bagley, kittson cental, red lake falls, and lake of the woods. Are they better than any team in the Lake?? Yes, its not the strongest, and probably one of the weakest AA conferences. But not the worst in the state. I didnt say any teams were going to state, I only stated that a few teams have a "chance".
Tricky Puckster

Post by Tricky Puckster »

MN Moose wrote:And Rosemount is 0-5 outside the conference so that's not saying much.

Actually I think EV might be the best team in the Lake. They're only a 1/2 game back but have played one less game.
They aloi haven't played an unranked team in any of those games.
stickboy1956

Post by stickboy1956 »

STEV16 wrote:
EV just played a great game against Edina last saturday, losing 3-1 to a empty net goal.

EV just got beat by BK - I guess the Lake is down after all.
Tricky Puckster

Post by Tricky Puckster »

stickboy1956 wrote:
STEV16 wrote:

EV just got beat by BK - I guess the Lake is down after all.
Ev loses to BK

Eagan loses to North

Rosemount loses to Chaska

This conference will end in an 8 way tie for first