2007 All-Star Game

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

State Champ 97

2007 All-Star Game

Post by State Champ 97 »

Please tell me versus is not the only place to watch the all-star game. (Aside from going to Dallas) [-o<
theref

Post by theref »

Unfortunately, I think that they are. What horrible coverage of the skills competition and youngstars game last night. They were on commercial while some of the events were going on. The NHL is in trouble if Versus continues to cover them.
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

VS did step up to the plate, I think VS is trying.
Last edited by Stealth on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I really don't understand this at all :?: :? A league cancels an entire season due to a labor dispute, changes the way it's game is played by making it faster and subsequently more interesting, has some great young stars to promote and carry the game for the next dozen or more years, and then...
:evil: :twisted:

Make it difficult for people to see the new product because it is on a station that very few people can get, put the young stars game and skills competition on a night that is usually huge for high school games so a lot of their fan base in the states where they need more excitement about the league won't see it even if they do get the network that carries it. What is wrong with these idiots? :-s
Thank god I have FSN and CBC to get the Wild games and HNC. Now if I could get the Bemidji State games (here in Bemidji ](*,) ) to go along with the Gophs and occasional Duluth games I would be \:D/
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

What NHL should do is have the ALLSTAR weekend on the football off week.
You train the pulic think it is always week before Superbowl!!!

This should be a WEEKEND event to build people traveling to Dallas TX to take in the festivities. Could be 1:00 event on Saturday and Sunday like they did in St. Paul.

St. Paul's was a class act :!:
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Stealth wrote:What NHL should do is have the ALLSTAR weekend on the football off week.
You train the pulic think it is always week before Superbowl!!!

This should be a WEEKEND event to build people traveling to Dallas TX to take in the festivities. Could be 1:00 event on Saturday and Sunday like they did in St. Paul.

St. Paul's was a class act :!:
:idea:
I like that idea.
And if you can't go to the game have it broadcast on a network people will actually be able to see. I know I can pay more to get VS but convincing the wife on that one has been difficult. :(
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I'm watching the game. It is on CBC, channel 7 on Paul Bunyan TV in Bemidji. :D \:D/

Dan Briere just scored the first goal of the game. 8)