Hibbing @ Cloquet 1-20-07

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Hibbing
42%
Cloquet
58%

Total votes: 19

VandalLawhockey

Post by VandalLawhockey »

End of 1st period
Hibbing: 0
C/E/C: 0
Shots: 9-9
Penalties: C/E/C 2-4, Hibbing 1-2
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Cloquet scores twice in the 2nd.

2-0 CEC half-way through the 3rd.
cooperalls4ever

Post by cooperalls4ever »

under 5 min left 2-1 Cloquet
cooperalls4ever

Post by cooperalls4ever »

Johnson 3-1 Cloquet... 58 sec. left
Bulldogsfan

Post by Bulldogsfan »

boblee wrote:CEC 4
Hibbing 1
Hibbing is a very competative team they would not lose by that much
boblee

Post by boblee »

Bulldogsfan wrote:
boblee wrote:CEC 4
Hibbing 1
Hibbing is a very competative team they would not lose by that much
it was 3-1. Pretty close man.
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

great game again by both teams.. hibbing showed this weekend they can hang in there with the "big boys". they needed someone to step up being that decenzo is gone, but marchuk played a great game to keep it close and hibbing had at least 4 chances at goals, they just couldn't buy one. that johnson for cloquet is really something! also, whoever was talking about the refs being homers was sure right. no excuses though, it was a fun game to see!
Jacketfan06

game

Post by Jacketfan06 »

i was at the game and it was very well player both goalies played outstanding.. ellingson played very well and without him Hibbing would have one.. you could same about if hibbing didnt have marchuk it wouldnt have benn close either but i wuold say that the player of the game was reid for sure
hometownhero

Post by hometownhero »

Johnson was just too much for the bluejackets. Decenzo certainly would have helped.
cu@darink

Post by cu@darink »

Great game. Hibbing prcved themselves to me this week.

Thanks to Herman and Miss Lilly. Glad I came up. Lilly's care package only made it halfway. :oops:
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

CEC dominated the 2nd period... That is the main reason they won.
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

it was a good game for both teams but the reffing was complete utter PLEASE BAN ME, they called nothing in Hibbings Favor, they might has well have torn up that so called new rule book.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

Iceman wrote:it was a good game for both teams but the reffing was complete utter PLEASE BAN ME, they called nothing in Hibbings Favor, they might has well have torn up that so called new rule book.
CEC had more penalties than Hibbing... Maybe they won cause they are a better team.
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

quickgym guy wrote:
Iceman wrote:it was a good game for both teams but the reffing was complete utter PLEASE BAN ME, they called nothing in Hibbings Favor, they might has well have torn up that so called new rule book.
CEC had more penalties than Hibbing... Maybe they won cause they are a better team.
Just because they had more penalties doesn't mean the game wasn't poorly officiated. many of hibbing's calls were very poor calls and it especially hurt them to go down two guys with 2 and a half minutes left in the game. i do agree though that cloquet is a very good team and ellingson got em the win last night.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

nikebauer_07 wrote:
quickgym guy wrote:
Just because they had more penalties doesn't mean the game wasn't poorly officiated. many of hibbing's calls were very poor calls and it especially hurt them to go down two guys with 2 and a half minutes left in the game. i do agree though that cloquet is a very good team and ellingson got em the win last night.
Maybe the coach shouldn't drop an "F-Bomb" at the ref. to get the added penalty...
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

maybe the ref should have woken up and called the game right down the damn middle.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

Iceman wrote:maybe the ref should have woken up and called the game right down the damn middle.
Don't you think getting outshot 19-4 in the 2nd had anything to do with the score...There were plenty of call missed against CEC also.
upnorthhockey

Post by upnorthhockey »

why dont the refs give CEC the game on a silver platter. 2:17 left on the clock and he calls 2 penalties, just when hibbing is building up momentum... sounds a little suspicious. and the shots seemed to be pretty inflated for CEC. they were giving them 4-5 shots on a flurry in front when they clearly had only 1-2 shots. one time they gave CEC a shot when the puck hit the side of the net, sat there and then marchuk covered it up. Hibbing won the 1-3 periods in my mind and cloquet won the 2nd.
Johnson wasnt to much for hibbing, just no one put his @ss on the ice where it belonged
DFORCE10

Post by DFORCE10 »

No one put his A$$ on the ice simply because no one was able to. You can argue bad officiating in any game. The score speaks for itself. i get sick of people always talking about their team getting screwed. Cloquet doesnt have hometown refs they have duluth refs and im pretty sure these refs would rather see cloquet lose and help out east or whatever in the sectional standings.
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

hawkfan70 wrote:
nikebauer_07 wrote:it would be nice to see hibbing get the win but i just don't think that is gonna happen, especially after playin rapids the night before. i believe cloquet is too strong but hopefully hibbing can keep it close and maybe pull off a win..

I'm goin with..
Cloquet 5
Hibbing 3
Talk about a couple of teams that can homer ya :oops:
Hibbing gets homered and hammered

6-2
I may have missed the score but I apparently captured the essence of the game
Hibbing will have a chance to homer the Jacks next year :lol:
DFORCE10

Post by DFORCE10 »

LOL there you go.
houndswr14

Post by houndswr14 »

upnorthhockey wrote:why dont the refs give CEC the game on a silver platter. 2:17 left on the clock and he calls 2 penalties, just when hibbing is building up momentum... sounds a little suspicious. and the shots seemed to be pretty inflated for CEC. they were giving them 4-5 shots on a flurry in front when they clearly had only 1-2 shots. one time they gave CEC a shot when the puck hit the side of the net, sat there and then marchuk covered it up. Hibbing won the 1-3 periods in my mind and cloquet won the 2nd.
Johnson wasnt to much for hibbing, just no one put his @ss on the ice where it belonged
I didn't see the game but even so I am sick of hearing people say that it isn't good officiating to call penalities late. If you committed a penalty then you deserve to sit. When there is 2:17 left on the clock you shouldn't be thinking about bein cheap and gettin a penalty, but how you are going to make a comeback. I dont know what the penalties were for, but the refs always have to protect the players and do their job. Calls late in the 3rd period shouldn't be different than in the 1st period. Overtime is different, but while in regulation, calls should stay consistant.
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

Right on AGREE......