6AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Wasilla wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote:Bump, with the Tonka blowout over EP and the Wayzata upset against Edina, any new predictions?
What are the pros/cons of the different seedings in 6AA after first seed? Is there that big of an advantage to 2 vs 3? or 3 vs 4? are there brackets anywhere for the different seeds?
The difference of 3 and 4 is huge. A team would much rather play Eden Prairie or BSM in the semi-finals then Tonka.
GTTN

Post by GTTN »

Roseauverrated wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:Disagree. EP doesn't fall past 2.
I agree with this. There really isn't much difference between the 2 and 3 seed in this section though; both teams should have an easy first round game. The only advantage to getting the 2 seed is getting 2nd line change in the semifinal matchup.
Having the last change in playoffs is huge. It's all about line match ups in the playoffs and thats how you can take advantage this time of year when teams are so close (like the 2 and 3 seeds will be in 6AA).
Wasilla

Post by Wasilla »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:
Wasilla wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote:Bump, with the Tonka blowout over EP and the Wayzata upset against Edina, any new predictions?
What are the pros/cons of the different seedings in 6AA after first seed? Is there that big of an advantage to 2 vs 3? or 3 vs 4? are there brackets anywhere for the different seeds?
The difference of 3 and 4 is huge. A team would much rather play Eden Prairie or BSM in the semi-finals then Tonka.
4 seed plays 1st seed (Tonka)?

2nd seed plays 3rd seed? probably EP, BSM or Wayzata?
gray5

Post by gray5 »

so does anybody think that wayzata will now be a 2nd or 3rd seed after they split with edina and split with EP.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

gray5 wrote:so does anybody think that wayzata will now be a 2nd or 3rd seed after they split with edina and split with EP.
Records within the section:
Tonka 4-1
EP 2-2
BSM 1-1
Wayzata 1-4

The win over Edina is a nice confidence-booster, but the Trojans really don't have the resume of the other three.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

gray5 wrote:so does anybody think that wayzata will now be a 2nd or 3rd seed after they split with edina and split with EP.

Brackets are out...Wayzata 4th seed....

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/bracket/show ... ason=66599
gray5

Post by gray5 »

Semi final times.
so assuming its

Wayzata vs tonka

and

EP vs BSM

what are the times.

On the hub it says Wayzata vs Tonka should be at 12, and EP vs BSM is at 7. Is that correct. A 12 game just seems odd.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

gray5 wrote:Semi final times.
so assuming its

Wayzata vs tonka

and

EP vs BSM

what are the times.

On the hub it says Wayzata vs Tonka should be at 12, and EP vs BSM is at 7. Is that correct. A 12 game just seems odd.
They are usually in the afternoon. Either 12, 3, and 5 are common times for Section 6.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

I believe that section 6 is always before section 2 for the semi-finals at either BIG or Braemar and then vice-versa for Mariucci.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:I believe that section 6 is always before section 2 for the semi-finals at either BIG or Braemar and then vice-versa for Mariucci.
Section 2 and Section 6 switch off between the 6pm and 8pm game every year. This year, Section 6 is at 6pm and Section 2 is at 8pm. Next year it will be the opposite. I don't believe there is any set pattern for the semifinal games. It all depends on what teams make it and what teams don't.
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

What's the word on Eden Prairie's top line that was completely out against Minnetonka? Without them, they were thoroughly dominated the whole game. I think for them to have a chance at winning the section they will need all 3 of them back.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Roseauverrated wrote:What's the word on Eden Prairie's top line that was completely out against Minnetonka? Without them, they were thoroughly dominated the whole game. I think for them to have a chance at winning the section they will need all 3 of them back.
Bergh is out for the year, but I'd think the other two should be back as their injuries weren't as serious. Another question mark for Eden Prairie is their goaltending, which seems to be struggling as of late.
gray5

Post by gray5 »

ok so nobody will know the times 6AA semi-finals until friday?
newtendy29fan

Post by newtendy29fan »

hshockeyfan8 wrote: Another question mark for Eden Prairie is their goaltending, which seems to be struggling as of late.
LaCombe is the best thing EP has going for it; he has taken all the difficult games and played out of his head for some huge wins. I dont believe he posts on this board about himself or his team mates either, which is refreshing.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

newtendy29fan wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote: Another question mark for Eden Prairie is their goaltending, which seems to be struggling as of late.
LaCombe is the best thing EP has going for it; he has taken all the difficult games and played out of his head for some huge wins.
I agree, I watched the Eagan game where he played fantastic and was for sure the reason EP won. I was just basing that off the last two games where they allowed 6 GA each, although I didn't see the Tonka game so that could have been just bad team defense. Either way, Lacombe will have to stand on his head again if Eden Prairie wants to make it out of 6AA.
newtendy29fan

Post by newtendy29fan »

newtendy29fan wrote:
LaCombe is the best thing EP has going for it; he has taken all the difficult games and played out of his head for some huge wins. I dont believe he posts on this board about himself or his team mates either, which is refreshing.
EP Upset by Armstrong in first round!!

hshockeyfan8: I guess you were correct; goaltending is not only struggling but EPs back up goalie stinks. I guess this makes room on V for the superstar EP bantam A goalie that is coming up next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

newtendy29fan wrote:
newtendy29fan wrote:
EP Upset by Armstrong in first round!!

hshockeyfan8: I guess you were correct; goaltending is not only struggling but EPs back up goalie stinks. I guess this makes room on V for the superstar EP bantam A goalie that is coming up next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How can you say he sucks? Both shots he really had no chance on, the best thing armstrong has going for it was it's tendy tonight. You can only outplay a team by so much until time runs out.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

BSM was basically spoon-fed a ride to the section final while Tonka will have to try and beat Wayzata a 3rd time.
hockey relic

Post by hockey relic »

Slap Shot wrote:BSM was basically spoon-fed a ride to the section final while Tonka will have to try and beat Wayzata a 3rd time.
Should be a great game between BSM and Tonka on Tues.! Location?
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

hockey relic wrote:Should be a great game between BSM and Tonka on Tues.! Location?
According to the Hub's 6AA bracket, this game is scheduled on Wednesday the 29th at 6 PM at Mariucci.

8)
The Puck
LGW